Sunday, September 18, 2005

Old Love, New Love?

Today would be 13 years.
13 years I would have spent loving him.
Wasted time?
12 1/2 years of deep heart-felt love.
It's been nearly 6 months since we split.
Our love had faded.
We'd broken up many times before but, I always knew we'd get back together.
A good friend told me, "When it's over, you'll know."
She was so right.
I knew. I felt it. Deep inside of me.
It's weird.
Although I miss my old love, I'm okay.
I thought today would be harder.

Could it be because a possible new love is in the works?
I guess only time will tell.
New guy is:
Smart,
Sweet,
Charming,
Older,
Funny.
Almost perfect.
Wish me well.
When I'm with the new guy,
I feel like the crazy college girl I used to be.
I feel tingles in my stomach.
I feel important.




2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM , Blogger Sara said...

...I wish you well. We all need a love.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I'm glad you're doing OK with it. What do they say about it's better to have loved and lost . . . ? I wouldn't know since I've never loved (we're not counting that physicist), so I'll have to take your word. Did you learn something about life, love, and yourself in 12 1/2 years? I know you did.

I love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home