Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Top 25 Highs and Lows of 2006

Although there have been so many bad, crappy, horrible, rotten, awful, (and the list goes on...) things this year, there have some pretty great things this year. I'll bet you'll be able to seperate them as you read the list. They are going to be in no particular order.

1. The loss of my father. It was quick, unexpected and one of the worst happenings of not only the year but, my entire life.

2. The loss of my dear friend Regina. Also quick and unexpected. The worst part is that I had no idea how much I loved her before she was gone. She was truly one of best friends! I'll NEVER forget her.

3. The end of / or close to the end of some of best friends marriages. I'm happy when they are happy. These things started out bad but, could be viewed as good. Depends on who you ask.

4. Laurie got rid of Jesse and together with who we all hope is her true love. Soul mate if you please. My nephew Dustin.

5. Tammy's moving home!!! Yes!!!! I'll be glad to have home. Close to me!

6. Baby Jaxon was born. He's made so many people happy. Especially his mommy & daddy!
Changed their lives forever!

7. Baby Amelia was born to Paul & Shannon. The waited and worked so hard to get their blessing. Words could never truly express hoe terrific this event was.

8. The Democrats took control back. Yippee!!!!!

9. Rosie's back on T.V. I love the view. Down with DT!!!!

10. Jennifer moved in with Chris.

11. My nephew graduated from high school. (Dustin) I'm so proud!!!!

12. Robert and Jen shacked up... ummm he's not just visiting I'm tellin!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

13. Jen went back to school. Can't wait for her to be rich!!!:)

14. My mom and I have gotten closer. We spend lots of time together enjoying our favorite past time POKER!!!!!

15. My mom lost her job. She worked there for 11 years before they closed the doors..

16. I got some Sugar Gliders. Ace and Jackson are their names. We got them from some good poker friends.

17. My good friends spent a Saturday giving my mom's room a makeover. Garage sale still to come.

18. Laurie broke her foot... This made for a long 6 weeks.

19. Denise quit. Tanner came back.

20. I recently spent 4 days in the hospital with a lung infection... Came home with oxygen.

21. Started fifth year cancer free. 4 down 1 to go.

22. Jasmine turned 12. Half a cat life.

23. Dawn finally got to go back to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

24. Trisha (One from Nebraska) got engaged. Can't wait to meet him.

25. Laurie moved across the parking lot. See next year's list to find out if this is good or bad.

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know she LOVES me. I'm the favorite one.. Laurie

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

And because you live the closest, it is best that you believe that LOL!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Is #23 good or bad? "Man, am I glad to have THAT chick out of my state!" ::grin::

::hugs you:: I know I don't keep in touch nearly as well as I should. I'm still here until the 8th, but P's van can be temperamental so I'm not sure I can make a trip to Wichita. Any chance you might be able to come up for a small visit?

I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home