Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One week before my surgery...Lame Dream

Today was a good poker day. I went to play at Seneca Bowl and did pretty well both sessions. While I was playing I was thinking about how next week same time, I'll be going to the hospital waiting for my turn to go to the cold bright operating room. Argh. I know I'll feel so much better when it's all over with. For some odd reason this procedure has me feeling more uneasy than I'd like. I'm sure I'm borrowing trouble but, I can't help it. Last night I had a dream I didn't make it through the surgery. In my dream, I was okay with dying. While I was dead, I found out the second coming of the Lord was set to happen 07-07-07. I think I dreamt this because of all the hype about yesterday being 06-06-06. Hilarious I know. Anyway, if for some reason God's plan doesn't include me surviving my surgery...You can start a great rumor!

2 Comments:

At 8:23 PM , Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Our dreams play out our conscious and subconscious fears. So, instead of "borrowing trouble," keep positive thoughts in your conscious mind. Every time you catch yourself worrying, tell yourself that things are going to go extremely well and you're going to feel so much better afterwards. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way -- even more after I get over this nausea from my own surgery.

I love you.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

It truly is good to know the date of the 2nd coming! About the rest of it, I think you'll make it through . . . you have survived much worse!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home