Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hip Surgery set for June 14th, 2006



I'm having surgery on my hip in 10 short days. My left hip is out of the socket. It's been rubbing for awhile so, I finally went to get it checked out. As it turns out, it's been rubbing on the edge of the socket long enough for one side of the ball to be rubbed flat. Back in 1985, I had the same problem with my right hip. Since I don't walk, the doctor decided the best treatment is to remove the ball from the femur. Then the femur will free float. Lovely image huh? The sad truth is there's simply no muscle in to hold the ball inside the joint where it belongs. There's no sense in trying to screw & bolt it in there when I don't really need it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the point when it feels all better. Please pray all goes well. I'll probably be at St. Francis for 4-5 days. Please feel free to call & visit. I'm sure I'll be stir crazy!

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Damn muscle disease! ::grin::

Sorry you're having to do this AGAIN, but I hope it works out as well as the previous surgery did. Feel better, and I'll try to call you.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home